Yes! Acupuncture Really helps with Fibromyalgia
What Can Acupuncture Help?
Acupuncture helps the Fibromyalgia patient with aching pain in their muscles and joint pain which often accompanies muscle aches. Acupuncture is good at treating pain, even when the pain comes and goes and moves around from place to place. Acupuncture is good at treating many types of pain, whether due to injury, genetics, congenital (born with), a diagnosed disease or syndrome or for unknown cause.
- Low Mood
Acupuncture can also help with low energy, fatigue and low mood which is often a part of the pain syndrome called Fibromyalgia.
Acupuncture helps muscle pain and joint pain. Many patients with R.A. get relief with acupuncture for their joint pain.
Acupuncture helps relieve pain and improve mood and energy by helping your body to balance itself. So, the needles do about 20% of the work while your body does the other 80%. Isn’t the body a miraculous thing? It truly wants to get better. Acupuncture can help your body get there. Acupuncture does not cure Fibromyalgia, though it can help you on on your journey of wellness to enjoy a smoother ride with less bumps of aches and pains.
Acupuncture Improves Quality of Life!
Patients come to appointments more frequently at first, then appointments are spread out further and further over time with the same outcome of decreased pain and increased energy and mood. This is because acupuncture builds up within your body with each treatment. Usually patients will come in once or twice per week at first and end up coming in once per month or even once every eight weeks with the same sustained relief that once lasted a few days!
Many find they are able get more done in their day and are able to be more socially active with the added energy and decreased pain after acupuncture treatments! Some patients are happy to finally be able to attend baseball games which they were unable to endure before acupuncture. Others can do hours of gardening or complete their daily household tasks without needing to rest or nap. Many patients have tapered down to taking less daily pain medications and some have even stopped taking their pain medications (under doctor supervision) since having acupuncture treatment.
- More Physical Activity
- Increased Social Activity
- Same Results, Less treatments over time
Thanks for reading!
Written by Aleesha D Ackerman, Lac
Aleesha D Ackerman, LAc is a licensed acupuncturist. She owns and operates Aleesha D Acupuncture in Anoka, MN. She holds a Master’s degree in Acupuncture. Aleesha was first turned on to acupuncture due to her chronic, debilitating migraine headaches following an auto accident with a semi-truck during high school.
Aleesha specializes in treating Pain, Headaches, Anxiety, Low energy, Low mood, Digestion issues and Women’s health, including helping the body with balancing hormones during Menopause and Perimenopause to relieve hot flashes, insomnia, mood swings, and PMS. She successfully treats patients with all types of headaches, including Tension headaches.
Aleesha suffered many years herself with migraine headaches. She can truly empathize with her suffering patients and her passion is to help them feel better.
Feel better, Move forward
Call 763-762-7142 or Schedule online with Aleesha atAnokaAcupuncture.com
Aleesha D Acupuncture is located in downtown Anoka at 207 E Main near Andover, MN.
This article is not intended to replace any health care. No information on this site should be relied on to determine medical diagnosis or treatment for a medical condition. As with any health concerns, always be sure to consult your health care provider with any health concerns.
Licensed Acupuncturist in Anoka Serving Andover, Anoka, Big Lake, Champlin, Circle Pines, Columbus, Coon Rapids, Dayton, East Bethel, Elk River, Forest Lake, Fridley, Ham Lake, Isanti, Lino Lakes, Maple Grove, Minneapolis, Now Then, Oak Grove, Osseo, Ostego, Ramsey, Saint Francis, Saint Paul, Shoreview, Spring Lake Park, Vadnais Heights and White Bear Lake.
Zip codes we treat: 55304, 55303, 55309, 55014, 55316, 55433, 55448, 55327, 55330, 55432, 55040, 55401, 55402, 55403, 55404, 55406, 55407, 55408, 55409, 55410, 55411, 55412, 55413, 55416, 55418, 55419, 55421, 55422, 55011, 55311, 55369, 55102, 55103, 55104, 55105, 55106, 55107, 55108, 55101, 55109, 55110, 55111, 55113, 55114, 55116, 55117, 55120, 55124, 55125, 55115, 55118, 55119, 55121, 55122, 55123, 55126, 55129, 55130, 55146, 55127, 55128, 55133, 55144, 55145, 55155, 55164, 55165, 55166, 55166, 55168, 55170, 55175, 55187, 55188, 55171, 55172, 55014, 55025, 55371, 55398, 55308, 55960
Serving Anoka County, the north metro, Minneapolis, St Paul, and the Twin Cities area.